Premier League clubs most likely signings in the summer
May 17, 2019
With the 2018/2019 Premier League concluded, bookies are taking bets on which players will head to new clubs.
Surviving in the Premier League is a harder job than it’s ever been and with the amount of money clubs receive for successfully doing so, the right squad is essential.
After a mediocre season for many clubs in England’s top flight, many will be looking to add depth and strength in the summer. The list below shows the most likely player, according to UK bookmakers, to move to each Premier League club in the summer transfer window.
- Arsenal – Wilfried Zaha (5/4)
- Bournemouth – Jack Butland (8/11)
- Brighton – Juan Mata (6/1)
- Burnley – Che Adams (12/1)
- Chelsea – Banned from Transfers
- Crystal Palace – Che Adams (4/1)
- Everton – Thomas Meunier (15/2)
- Leicester City – Youri Tielemans (5/2)
- Liverpool – David Neres (3/1)
- Man City – Saul Niguez (4/7)
- Man Utd – Aaron Wan-Bissaka (2/5)
- Newcastle – Danny Drinkwater (5/1)
- Norwich – Joe Hart (7/4)
- Sheffield United – Danny Drinkwater (8/1)
- Southampton – Che Adams (EVS)
- Tottenham – Ryan Sessegnon (3/10)
- Watford – Che Adams (8/1)
- West Ham – Duvan Zapata (11/2)
- Wolves – Joao Felix (6/1)
Fulham’s Ryan Sessegnon is the shortest odds to make a move with a deal looking more than likely. The England under 21 left back/winger is set to move from relegated Fulham, who finished the season second-bottom, recording just 7 wins from 38 games, to Tottenham where he has the chance to play Champions League football next season.
Sessegnon, who is just 18 years old, is valued by his current club at £40m but it’s known that Spurs are looking to pay somewhere closer to £25m. If the move goes ahead, Sessegnon could be Tottenham’s first signing since January 2018.
Crystal Palace’s Aaron Wan-Bissaka is the bookies next favourite to make a move with Manchester United currently tipped as the destination. United are rumoured to be making a double swoop for Palace’s other defender Patrick Van Aanholt which would leave the Eagles in serious need of reinforcement at the back. £50m is the reported offer for the duo with at least one of them moving on more than likely.
Shortly behind in the bookies running is Saul Niguez. A central midfielder who currently plays for Atletico Madrid. Manchester City look the favourites to sign the Spaniard after beating off competition from Barcelona who in turn, have gotten ahead of City in the race to sign Ajax midfielder Frenkie de Jong.
Premier League club Chelsea will not be signing anyone in the summer transfer window after receiving a two-window transfer ban and a fine from FIFA after breaching rules concerning the transfer of players under 18 years of age.