Become a matched betting affiliate & increase your earnings
October 16, 2018
Matched betting is a great way to bring in an additional income through bookmaker free bets and promotions. There are countless profitable offers available every day which results in a lot of potential profit for MatchedBets.com members and matched bettors in general. As matched bettors, we’re always looking for new ways to earn money online and a great way to do that is to become an affiliate.
What is an affiliate?
An affiliate is an individual or company who promotes a product or service and in return, receives a commission for each and every sale. In the matched betting world, this means that you can earn money by referring new members to MatchedBets.com.
How to become an affiliate
Becoming an affiliate is easy and only takes a couple of minutes to get started. Anyone can register to become an affiliate and you don’t need a high-traffic website or millions of social followers to do so. To become a MatchedBets Affiliate, simply register here for free and you’re good to go.
How does the Affiliate Program work?
Once you’ve registered, you’ll be able to log into your affiliate account where you’ll find your unique tracking link. Your tracking link is what you’ll be using to direct people to MatchedBets.com and anyone who clicks on your link will be tracked to your account. If they then sign up to MatchedBets.com, you’ll be paid a commission.
From within your affiliate account you’ll be able to view stats such as:
- How many times your link has been clicked on
- How many transactions you have generated
- How much commission you have earned
- How much you are due to be paid
Once a user has clicked on your tracking link, their IP and cookies are logged so that even if they leave MatchedBets before signing up, they will still be tagged to your account should they come back, resulting in you receiving commissions.
How much can I earn as an affiliate?
The simple answer is as much as you like! The more members you refer to MatchedBets and the longer they remain members for, the more commission you will earn.
As a MatchedBets.com affiliate, you’ll earn a commission for every payment each member you refer makes. for example, if you refer a member and they remain as paying member for 3 months, you’ll receive a commission each month for three months. The commission structure works across all membership levels, so if you refer an annual member, you’ll receive a larger commission given that their membership fee will be higher.
We pay affiliates 50% commission across all payments after the deduction of VAT. That means that if you refer a member who is on a £15 monthly plan, you’d receive 50% of £15 after tax. You’d continue to receive this commission for each member for every month they are subscribed.
If you referred 20 members to MatchedBets.com who were all on a monthly subscription, you would earn ( (£15-17.5% ) / 2 ) x 20 = £125 per month. You would continue to receive £125 providing the members you referred are still paying members of MatchedBets.com. Over time, it’s easy to build up a lot of referred members on your affiliate account and so your commission can continue to grow. There’s no limit to how much you can earn so start promoting today!
How can I refer new members?
The internet is a big place and these days you don’t need a popular website or millions of social followers to reach a lot of people. There are a lot of ways you can get the word out about MatchedBets but here are a few suggestions:
- Word of mouth – Do you have any friends or family you think would benefit from matched betting? Let them know about MatchedBets.com and send them your affiliate link to sign up. Initial membership costs just £1 for 14 days which is a great incentive for new members to register and find out what matched betting is all about. If you do matched betting yourself then offer them a helping hand by guiding them through the first couple of offers to get them started and show them how easy it is to generate a profit.
- Social Media – If you have followers on Twitter or a lot of friends on Facebook, post regularly about matched betting and how it works. An effective way is to post regular profit updates. Just made £20 profit from a new customer offer? Let everyone know about it! You’ll soon find that people gain interest and start asking you questions about how they can do the same. Even if you don’t have a lot of social followers, there are ways you can reach a lot of people via Facebook groups and Sub Reddits. You’ll be surprised at how much traffic you can gain from these channels. Give it a go and find out!
- Forums – Forums are a great way to get the word out about services and they give you a chance to explain why you recommend them. If you’re an active member of a forum, why not suggest MatchedBets as a way for other forum members to make some extra money in their spare time? One thing to remember though is not to spam! You’ll damage both our and your own reputation and spamming is against our T&Cs.
- Your own website/blog – Do you have an existing website? If so, great! Why not post a review of MatchedBets.com or let readers know how you are getting on each week and how much profit you have made? If you don’t have a website, start one! There are a lot of free or cheap options out there and you’ll have a place to document your matched betting journey and share it with others.
How to I get paid?
MatchedBets pay all affiliates on the 15th of every month for any commissions generated in the months prior to the present. Payments are made via PayPal although if you cannot accept PayPal then please contact us to arrange an alternative method.
Alternate page links
All affiliate links by default direct to the MatchedBets.com homepage. However, if you have come across a page on MatchedBets.com which you’d like to share and think would drive traffic and new customers to MatchedBets, then you can create an alternate page link. This will track all traffic to the specified page so that if new members sign up by visiting it, they’ll be tagged to your account and you’ll receive commissions.
To set an alternate incoming page link, log into your affiliate account and follow these simple steps:
- Click on ‘Custom Tracking Links’and then, from the drop-down, on ‘Alternate Incoming Page Links’.
2. Next, enter the URL of the page you wish to send traffic to and click on the ‘Create My Link’ button. Your new tracking link will then be displayed below. Use this link to direct users to the specified page and allow any new members to still be tagged to your affiliate account.
Get Started Today
You can get started right now and have your first commissions confirmed by the end of the day! Click here to register as a MatchedBets Affiliate and increase your earnings even more.