Is Matched Betting Better With Sports Or Casino Offers?
October 13, 2020
Everyone who gets into matched betting will learn the process of extracting value from bookmaker offers and generating a profit regardless of the outcome. There are a number of different types of bookmaker offers which are used by matched bettors with some listed below. All of these types of offers have their own matched betting strategy but can be very profitable on a long term basis.
- Free Bets
- Refund Offers
- Extra Places
- Odds/Profit Boosts
- Acca Insurance
Another way matched bettors generate a profit is through casino offers. You usually don’t go down this route until you have had some experience with generating a profit from sports offers as casino offers are not guaranteed to return a profit and you can actually lose money with them. However, so long as you have the edge on an offer, it is worth doing as you will make a profit in the long term from them. With casino offers, you have the chance to hit huge wins but you’re not guaranteed to win anything.
So is matched betting better using sports offers or casino offers?
Sports Offers – Pros
- You know how much you win profit & how much your qualifying loss will be before you place your bets. There are generally no bad surprises with sports offers.
- There are sports offers available every single day ranging from free bets, refunds, enhanced odds, extra places and more.
- You can progress and learn other sports strategies. Once you’ve mastered the basic matched betting skills of backing & laying, you can move onto strategies such as Dutching, Value bets and others.
Sports Offers – Cons
- Unexpected big wins are rare. When matched betting sports offers, you generally make £1-£10 with each offer as you are locking in a profit. Huge wins are rare although they are possible when matched betting offers such as 2UP or if you hit a big BOG on a horse you have backed.
- Gubbings – It is possible that you will have your bookmaker accounts restricted when matched betting sports offers. As you are taking value away from the bookies, they may stake restrict your account or gub you so that you are not eligible for sports promotions.
Casino Offers – Pros
- The potential of BIG wins. Although each casino offer has an Expected Value, it is possible that you could hit a jackpot or huge win that could exceed this value. You often hear of matched bettors hitting big wins when playing casino offers which gives their monthly or annual profit total a big boost.
- There are a huge number of online betting casino offers available online and many of them have a positive expected value. Matched betting sites such as MatchedBets find these potentially profitable offers for their members.
- They’re fun to play – Many online slots have exciting bonus rounds, base game features and more. They can be extremely fun to play which makes the process a lot more enjoyable.
Casino Offers – Cons
- Profit isn’t guaranteed – Not only is a profit not guaranteed but there is a chance that you could lose money on an offer. That’s enough to put a lot of people off doing casino offers.
- They can take time – If you need to wager large amounts on games such as online slots, it can take a lot of time to do so, especially if you are spinning at a low stake. You should work out whether the estimated value of the offer is worth the time it takes to complete it.